County Library’s Acoustic Showcase Series Features Five Free Concerts in July
2012-06-21 · By Editor
June 20, 2012
San Diego County Library is continuing its summer round of free Acoustic Showcase series concerts. Recently honored with a National Association of Counties (NACo) Award, the Showcase focuses on bringing local musicians and talent to San Diego’s libraries. Five concerts are taking place throughout July at various County Library branches.
The Acoustic Showcase schedule for July includes:
- Next Generation: July 1, 2 p.m., Fallbrook Library, 124 S Mission Rd
- Sara Petite: July 8, 2 p.m., El Cajon Library, 201 E Douglas Ave
- Joe Rathburn: July 11, 3 p.m., Jacumba Library, 44605 Old Highway 80
- Woody Guthrie’s 100th Birthday: July 14, 2 p.m., Poway Library, 13137 Poway Rd
- KEV: July 18, 6 p.m., Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Dr
The County Television Network (CTN) recorded this Acoustic Showcase concert featuring Gregory Page. Since the music series began in April 2010, more than 100 concerts have been held at 23 different libraries with over 5,000 customers in attendance.
“Music crosses all barriers and brings people together, building community in the process,” said Library Director José Aponte. “People don’t need to live in metropolitan San Diego to experience quality, local music. It’s right here at the library – and there’s no cover charge.â”
The Acoustic Showcase series is sponsored by the Friends of the Library and the Housing Opportunities Collaborative. For more information on these performers and to see a full list of dates and locations, visit http://sdcls.homestead.com/events.html.